As a Project Geophysicist / Geoscientist you will be a key member of the team, contributing to the growth and development of the business.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide technical input, support and advice on assigned projects. This will often involve working closely with other disciplines though some individual working may be required, supporting the Senior Geophysicist.
- Author and co-author Technical Documentation (such as desk-top studies, geo-hazard assessments, site investigation surveys, seismic reprocessing reports, technical notes, geological modelling reports, etc.) and Operational Documentation (such as risk assessments, method statements, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of data acquisition studies.
- Interpret 2D and 3D seismic data and prepare surface maps for both renewable and oil and gas projects.
- Report on acquired seismic data to the team, clients, and senior management at meetings and presentations.
- Contribute and produce geological models for support to windfarm foundation design.
- Assess potential for oil and gas yield and multi risking.
- Support the allocation of projects to balance workload across the team.
- Deputise for the Senior Geophysicist during periods of absence.
- Suggest and partake in training courses for personal development.
- Work within budget, resource and time constraints.
- Develop strong team work with all colleagues.
The minimum requirements for the role are:
- Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Marine Geosciences, or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in marine near surface geophysics or offshore engineering projects.
- Ability to QC, interrogate, process and model geophysical / geological data.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Client facing experience.
- Experience with document writing, working to deadlines, and working under pressure.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software packages such as IHS Kingdom, DUG Insight, Petrel, ArcGIS, QGIS, CARIS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Proactive approach to QHSE.
- The definite right to work in the UK.
The following would also be an advantage:
- A postgraduate Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge of geotechnical surveys and integration with geophysical data.
- Experience of field work, either acquisition or research focussed.
- Experience of marine site investigations.
- Experience with cable burial and pipeline risk assessments.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our team. You will:
- Share our core values of integrity, hard work, honesty, curiosity and respect for others.
- Have a focus on technical excellence and appreciate the commercial issues of a business.
- Be inter-disciplinary in your outlook and strive to integrate geophysics with geotechnics and foundation engineering.
- Be keen to market the business wherever possible and to represent the company when necessary.
- Be able to demonstrate a desire and curiosity for continuing professional development.
- Be a team player but also be able to work independently at times.
- Be able to manage deadlines in what can be a high-pressure environment.
- Be keen to work with senior members of our team to grow the business and shape our future.
Apply now using the button, or email your resume and cover letter directly to: email@example.com