Mark is a Chartered Engineer with 30 years’ experience of offshore geotechnical engineering and foundation design for the sectors of offshore Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy and Subsea Power Cables. Mark has worked for a broad range of offshore companies, from site investigation and EPCI contractors to operators and developers. He regularly acts as Expert Witness in high-value disputes and advises Clients on project issues relating to soils, foundation design and installation.
Mark is a recognised industry expert and has published numerous technical papers on a wide range of offshore geotechnical topics. He serves on several industry panels and bodies.
Mark is busy man who enjoys spending time with his wife and 4 children. Mark also enjoys playing golf, mountain biking, listening to music and supporting his beloved Arsenal FC.
- Core competence is the acquisition, description, and interpretation of offshore and nearshore soils for marine construction projects and subsequent foundation engineering analyses.
- Significant foundation design and installation experience (e.g. driven piles, drive/drill/drive piles, drilled & grouted piles, suction caissons, gravity-based structures, monopiles, marine anchors).
- Jack-up emplacement analyses (e.g. punch-through, lateral stability, scour). Remedial foundation solutions (e.g. rock pads), interaction with existing structures and removal.
- Trenching engineering design, upheaval buckling assessments, dredging, rock dump and on-bottom stability issues for cables and pipelines worldwide.
- Shore approach design, including HDD analyses and installation supervision.
- Considerable period spent offshore managing and supervising site surveys and trenching, piling and rock placement operations.
- Certified Expert Witness (CUBS) experienced in writing technical reports and giving oral evidence in arbitration hearings.