Ewan joined Ternan in the summer of 2019 after graduating from his Civil Engineering course at the University of Aberdeen. Since then he has gained experience in data review and geotechnical engineering projects such as pipe/soil interaction (PSI) studies, upheaval buckling (UHB) studies and pile design using the API and ISO methods as well as OPILE.
Ewan has a keen interest in the Renewables sector completing a wide desk-based review of geological and geotechnical data for various offshore wind sites around the UK. This focussed on geological profiling and potential geohazards that would impact foundation design and cabling.
Ewan is a member of the ICE and is currently working towards his chartership. Always active, Ewan regularly plays field hockey for his local weekend league team. He likes to relieve his stress with boxing and yoga, two very different ends of the spectrum!
- Desk top studies, data review, data management and report writing.
- Knowledge of soil mechanics, pile foundation design, pipeline soil interaction, upheaval buckling and on-bottom stability studies.
- Structural dynamics and design of structural elements.
- Experienced in CPT interpretation and reporting.
- Competent with open source GIS software - plotting and manipulating data as well as charting.