Rhys is a hydrographic surveyor by training and has spent over 30 years undertaking and managing offshore surveys, site investigations and positioning operations. Following 11 years working offshore with Gardline Surveys, he joined Floyd & Associates (later becoming Senergy / Lloyds Register Survey & GeoEngineering) as Operations Director, managing a wide range of projects (involving thousands of vessel days) on behalf of clients in the Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy sectors.
Rhys supports Ternan projects both onshore in a project management role and offshore as Client representative.
Alongside project management, Rhys has a strong background in QHSE and management systems, helping to ensure Ternan projects meet legal, industry and client expectations.
A leader both in the office and out, Rhys is a seasoned mountaineer with experience guiding winter summits and ski touring parties; ventures requiring knowledge of weather conditions, routes, and a level head.
- Project management and supervision of million pound plus projects.
- Global operations including remote and hostile locations.
- QHSE and Compliance at operational, project and global corporate levels.
- Project management experience including hydrographic, geophysical, environmental and geotechnical surveys, offshore positioning, cable and pipe lay and repair, ROV inspection, dredging and UXO operations.
- Operation of a wide variety of offshore platforms including vessels, drill rigs (semi & jack-up), small boats, barges, dredgers.
- Board and executive level management experience including P&L business and corporate functions.