James joined the Ternan team in June 2023 as Operations Manager. James has worked worldwide in the offshore geotechnical industry for over 17 years. Having spent a large amount of that time offshore James has a solid understanding of the industry from an operational perspective.
James progressed to a more onshore based role and has managed projects on six continents prior to moving into a management role where he has continued his career.
During his time off James likes to push himself in the water, on the road and trails completing a number of triathlons each year. He is hoping to complete a full Ironman in the not so distant future!
- First-hand experience of all forms of offshore geotechnical data acquisition, from nearshore to deep offshore
- Excellent understanding of offshore operations and their potential limitations
- Considerable knowledge in management of geophysical, ROV and geotechnical surveys worldwide in often extremely challenging environments
- Extensive knowledge in soils descriptions, CPT processing, interpretation and subsequent reporting
- Proven track record of team and department development alongside improvements in HSE and quality control standards