Daniel has spent the last 10 years working in the Oil & Gas industry, primarily for global major Total. Daniel has significant experience in all aspects of the exploration life-cycle; from seismic acquisition to advanced structural interpretation to drilling and appraisal.
On graduating from the University of Leeds with a masters in Geophysics, Daniel spent 18 months in Imaging and Processing with CGG. Daniel joined Total in 2013, living in both Scotland and Denmark. He has led subsurface technical evaluations for licensing rounds, farm-in opportunities, and most recently was responsible for the delivery of the Isabella exploration well and discovery in the Central North Sea.
Daniel has a strong academic and research focused background. He graduated with a Masters Degree in Advanced Theoretical Physics from Surrey University in 2010, and in 2009 he spent a year collaborating with Oxford University on a CERN research project in Material Physics. Daniel’s broad knowledge and experience will help to drive innovation within Ternan to the benefit of clients.
When not in the office, Daniel enjoys summers on the tennis court, being a former county level player, surfing back home in Cornwall, and is a competitive OCR runner. Daniel likes to spend his winter holidays snowboarding in the Alps and Rockies.
- Technical representative and project lead for UK Central North Sea exploration. Tasked with quality assurance, exploration maturation, and risk delineation.
- Lead geophysicist for the subsurface evaluation, delivery and discovery assessment of Total's high impact HPHT exploration well - Isabella. Accountable for shallow risk mitigation, geophysical drilling parameterisation and management reporting.
- Lead geophysicist for 31st UK licensing round acreage capture; orchestrating subsurface evaluation, company representation to partners and license documentation.
- Strong expertise in North Sea structural and hydrocarbon geology, with knowledge in all play types and stratigraphic intervals.
- Seismic acquisition and full processing flows; with a particular focus on velocity model building, depth migration, noise attenuation, and multiple modelling.
- Geophysical competencies include: AVO modelling, inversion, depth conversion, basin modelling, seismic attribute analysis, VSP design, and 1D modelling.
- Multi-basin wide mapping and interpretation for compressive and extensional domains.
- Database and software management.