Chris joined the Ternan team in December 2022 as key Account Manager and Principal Engineering Geologist. With over 27 years of experience, Chris has worked in technical and managerial roles on land and marine infrastructure and energy projects all over the world. Passionate about providing value, Chris has always focused on building trusted relationships to enable collaboration and successful project outcomes.
Chris has been a Chartered Geologist since 2012 and has also sat on the committee of The British Tunnelling Society and chaired Think Deep UK.
As a keen cyclist, Chris can often be found on his gravel bike in the forests of Berkshire enjoying the surroundings and tearing down fire trails and singletracks. He has also raced road, cyclocross, TT and track, ridden for 24hrs around Richmond Park for charity and cycled from Cornwall to Bremen in Germany to raise awareness of mental health in the construction industry. Asides from all things bike related, he loves music, dogs and surfing.
- Land and marine site characterisation including mapping, production of conceptual ground models, supervision of geophysical surveys and geotechnical drilling and testing techniques and laboratory testing / reporting.
- Project management of large and complex data acquisition campaigns including planning, operational delivery and reporting.
- Commercial management of bids and projects, forecasting and budgeting costs and revenue for business units and monthly / annual reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bid management including technical writing and coordination / review of multidisciplinary content.
- General and operational management of technical teams and business units with full accountability for performance including quality, safety and commercial.
- Business development and key account management focussing on understanding clients needs and communicating value in terms of overall project risks.