Catriona completed a Masters of Geology degree at the University of Aberdeen, graduating in the summer of 2017. She joined Ternan at the end of 2019, following 2 years’ experience in Geotechnical Engineering and Trenching at Oceaneering. Catriona has accumulated a range of experience within the Marine Renewables, Oil & Gas and Subsea Cables sectors including the production of geological and geohazard risk maps using GIS and completing cable route and landfall burial feasibility studies. She has also gained experience in the interpretation of geotechnical and site investigation data for soil/structure interaction studies, foundation analyses and sediment mobility assessments.
Catriona is a member of the Geology Society of London and is actively working towards her chartership. She is passionate about achieving a diverse workforce within the energy sector and so regularly volunteers as a STEM Ambassador at the Aberdeen Science Centre.
When not working at our office in Aberdeen, Catriona can be found on the golf course, where she competes at club and county level.
- Experience in geotechnical engineering and site characterisation.
- Desk top studies, data review, data management including processing of GIS datasets and survey data.
- Knowledge of soil/structure interaction studies.
- Working knowledge of geophysical and geotechnical software packages.
- Completion of trenching risk assessments and design and analysis of offshore trenching equipment.